One of my dearest friends is moving to South Carolina next week. So as an ode to her (and to the glory of summer) I am posting one of our most perfected desserts of all time: Peach-Raspberry Crisp. (It’s also my absolute fave!)
You’re going to want to eat this right out of the oven while it’s still bubbly (with vanilla-bean ice cream), and again in the morning (cold), standing in your kitchen while you wait for your coffee to brew. It’s that good.
It’s a simple recipe, packed with all sorts of delicious goodness, that really only tastes good in July and August (when peaches are at their finest). Cast aside any notion that you planned to only eat salads and smoothies all summer, because this is too amazing to pass up!
- 4-5 ripe Peaches (smell them and feel them prior to purchase to ensure quality)
- 1 small package of Raspberries
- 1 C. Oats
- 1/2 C. Almond meal (the courser, the better)
- 1/4 C. Olive Oil
- 1/4 C. Maple Syrup*
- 1 tsp. Salt
*A heavy hand should be used on measuring the Maple Syrup. Mine’s probably closer to 1/3 C. if I were to be honest. The fresher the maple syrup, the better!
- Wash and slice peaches, leaving skin on; wash raspberries and dry thoroughly
- Lay fruit in pan (I use a 9×9 square pan or a medium sized Ramekin)
- Stir Oats, Almond meal, Syrup, Olive Oil, and Salt until mixed; taste, alter if necessary
- Spread topping across fruit*
- Bake at 350 for 15 min, the at 425 for 10 min (being careful not to burn the top)
- Let cool (or not) and enjoy!
*I would encourage you to double the topping for optimal delight…just sayin’ 😉